Lonzo Ball will miss summer league final with calf injury
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
LAS VEGAS (AP) Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball will not play in the Las Vegas Summer League championship game.
The team announced Monday that Ball suffered a mild calf strain in the third quarter Sunday and will be cautious with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.
Ball has averaged 16.3 points, 9.3 assists, 7.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals. He also posted two triple-doubles and four double-digit assist games.
Ball became one of the biggest stories of summer league and his sneaker choice was a daily news item. He made headlines by declining lucrative offers from major sneaker companies in favor of his family's Big Baller Brand fashion line and his own ZO2 sneaker ($495).
He made his debut in his own shoe then switched to signature shoes by Nike, Adidas, Under Armour and Jordan Brand in subsequent games.
More AP NBA: www.apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated July 17, 2017