Hurricanes freshman Walker tears meniscus in knee
- Pitino: Louisville should take on NCAA
- Virginia secures top seed in ACC tourney
- Oklahoma State stuns No. 6 Texas Tech
- Allen has 28, No. 5 Duke rips Louisville
- Bridges' 27 help No. 3 Villanova cruise
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Incoming Miami Hurricanes freshman guard Lonnie Walker has torn the meniscus in his right knee and will require surgery.
Walker was hurt playing Tuesday, the Hurricanes said. The timetable for his return will be determined after the operation.
A native of Reading, Pennsylvania, Walker is coach Jim Larranaga's most highly touted recruit in his six years at Miami. Walker is projected as a likely first-round pick in the 2018 NBA draft.
Updated July 11, 2017