Hurricanes freshman Walker tears meniscus in knee
- Kansas State G Patrick opts to transfer
- Seton Hall names Skinn assistant coach
- Vols AD Fulmer's new deal worth $900K
- NYU hires Nelson as head coach
- Ex-Louisville recruit Bowen to test NBA
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Incoming Miami Hurricanes freshman guard Lonnie Walker has torn the meniscus in his right knee and will require surgery.
Walker was hurt playing Tuesday, the Hurricanes said. The timetable for his return will be determined after the operation.
A native of Reading, Pennsylvania, Walker is coach Jim Larranaga's most highly touted recruit in his six years at Miami. Walker is projected as a likely first-round pick in the 2018 NBA draft.
Updated July 11, 2017